Sunday, August 19, 2018

'Odiya cuisine- one of the best in the world' - by K.J.S.Chatrath

 Photo courtesy Shatarupa Mishra and Abhishek Tripathy.

 Having spent half of my life is Odisha, I can say with certainty that Odiya cuisine is one of the best in the world- far superior to the highly over rated French cuisine.

Of course my favourite cuisine continues to be Panjabi food- food of the state to which I belong.

But I would without doubt put Odiya cuisine at number two.

Having left Odisha over 15 years back, I pine for Odiya food. In fact I realised the greatness of Odiya food after leaving the state. Delhi does not have good Odiya eating places. Or till recently it did not have one.

Now my friends Shatarpua Mishra & Abhishek Tripathy inform that a resturant in Saket New Delhi is serving authentic Odiya food. It is called 'Odisha Hotel'.

I plan to go there and enjoy the food whenever I go to Delhi next, hopefully in the knowledgeable  company of some Odiya foodie friends.

In the meantime take a look at a photo shared by Shatarpua Mishra & Abhishek Tripathy of the food served there.   

I would be happy if friends suggest other restaurants in Delhi serving good Odiya food.

No comments:

Post a Comment